Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Revamping

So recently I found a pin on Pinterest that was all about decluttering and organizing...so guess what I have recently become obsessed with! Hahaha!! These are just a few of the things I've decluttered and organized..

Pantry before...
Yes it looks even worse because I had just recently pretty much literally thrown the broom and mop in there..but it was actually even worse because before I took this picture I had gone through all the spices and extra candy that was old/expired and threw it away.

Pantry after...
I got rid of the old mop and broom that I don't use and was able to tuck the mop and broom that remained into the side so they are out of the way. I also found these blue baskets...
at the Dollar Tree for $1 each (can't beat a good deal like that!). I used these for the random sprinkles and candles and cake decorating items in one and all our koozies in another. The third one went to my plastic storage containers to hold all the lids. Even though there is not a huge difference, just going through and getting rid of anything that wasn't needed and moving stuff around into a more organized fashion makes me not dread going into my little pantry :P


After doing this I went through my kitchen cabinets..I didn't take any pictures because I didn't really need to get rid of anything or declutter, but what I did do was move all my cups and glasses into one cabinet, then all my dishes and bowls and such into another, and finally food into another. It just helped to get everything a bit more organized and in a more useful place in the kitchen. I didn't take any pictures because I forgot :S But there really wasn't much to see anyway :P

The last thing I did so far was the lower cabinet in my kitchen...it looked like this before...
Although there isn't much in this cabinet..everything was just strewn all over the place with no real designated spot...

So here is the after :)
Makes quite a difference huh?! All the extra cups ended up in my pantry by the paper plates and such and I just moved everything around into a much neater positioning so everything has it's place.

I did also go through my linen closet, but again there was no decluttering to do, all I did was go through and take all my sheet sets and put each set into one of the matching pillowcases. This is an amazing trick that will quickly organize your linen closet and make it much easier to grab an entire sheet set and will also make it look much neater without having to purchase any baskets or anything else like that. Again, no pictures, but not much to it.

I plan to go through my craft room soon and take multiple pictures. I had the room very well organized at one point...and then I started just throwing things in the room that I didn't feel like finding a home for so it has become more of a junk room...so the next free Sunday or Saturday afternoon I have, that's my next project...

I never knew how relieving decluttering and re-organizing could be!! Even though I've done just a few small things, it makes me feel like I'm actually running a household and am in control of things instead of a college kid with a place to put stuff. It's really nice :)

Hopefully some DIY organization will come out of my craft room re-vamp!!! We shall have to wait and see!! Until then, go to YouTube and check out My Drunk Kitchen by Hannah Hart...you will not regret it! She is awesome!!!

Much love and happiness to everyone!!
XOXO
Fair




No comments:

Post a Comment