Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First MyGlam Bag!

At the beginning of December I heard about this fun thing called the My Glam Bag. There have been others before it such as the Loose Button boxes and Luxe Boxes.
Essentially it is a box (or in this case a bag) that you receive monthly with samples or full size containers of high end products for you to try. You simply pay a monthly fee (the amount is different depending on which one you do) and they send you a new box/bag each month. The My Glam Bag is only $10 a month!

I didn't try one for a long time until I heard about the My Glam one which was started by YouTube beauty gurus. I figured this one would for sure be worth a try, especially seeing as the samples or products you get are usually full size or a large sample.  I missed the month of December because I wasn't signed up before the first of the month, so my first bag came as the January one which arrived today!!!

My first impression.....love it!! There are a couple brands of products I haven't even heard of!!

Here is what the bag contained:  (I apologize for the not-so-good pictures, I was having lighting troubles and was unfortunately enough too in a hurry and lazy to try a different location and lighting to take the pictures...but you'll get the general idea :P)

First, an overview.

The first thing is the bag the products come in. This little clutch (probably best use as a travel/purse makeup bag) alone could probably have a price tag of $10 in stores! So I for sure feel as though I got my money's worth in this bag! The bag is so cute! It is a canvas color with green decorating that says myglam in the top left corner and Back to Nature in the upper right corner. So cute!

The first product in the bag (well..it was in the package with the bag because it is the full sized product so it doesn't fit in the bag :P) is a Freeman Facial Peel-Off Cucumber Mask.  The card says it retails for $8 for the bottle, but I do believe I've seen it at Wal-Mart or CVS for a bit cheaper. But I have wanted to try this one for a while so I'm excited that this came in the MyGlam bag!


Next is the Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner. I have heard about Wen products a lot and have been torn on if I've ever wanted to try them. On one hand I know they are supposed to be really nourishing for your hair, but on the other I have heard (from hairdressers as well) that it leaves the hair pretty oily...so I guess I will have to try it and see! This one is just a sample size of 2 fl oz. but the card says a full size 16 fl oz. bottle retails for $36.


Next is the Sheer Cover Duo Concealer. I was really excited about this since I have been thinking about trying to find a concealer for my never ending dark circles from lack of sleep and stress. I have yet to try this but can't wait to see how well it works! I like that it came as the duo with a light and medium concealer to try to be more versatile for everyone that buys the MyGlam Bag. This one says it is a 0.10 oz container and the card says a .05 oz. container retails for $29.


And finally we have the theBalm Cosmetics Shady Lady eyeshadow. This is a very pretty color!! The picture doesn't really show it correctly but it is sort of a champagne-y pink-y shimmery color. This is a full size product at .12 oz. which the card says retails for $16. Also, the card says "Shady lady can be used as a shadow or a liner to illuminate your eyes with color." So it's a two in one! Very exited to try this and the packaging is so cute!!



The other thing in the bag is the other cards. They are about the products in the bag and even include special offers and discounts for some of their items! Could be nice if I decide I want to repurchase any of the products!!

For my first MyGlam Bag I am very impressed and pleased!! I feel as though I definitely got my moneys worth and can't wait to try the products!! I will definitely be sticking with this and posting the contents of my bag each month!!! 

If you're interested go to www.myglam.com and sign up!!! If you decide you don't like it you can easily cancel your subscription at any time. Just remember that if you sign up after the first of the month, your first bag will arrive the next month.

Let me know if any of you sign up!!!

Love and kisses and hugs and such!
XOXO
Fair




No comments:

Post a Comment