Monday, January 16, 2012

First Pinterest DIY project!

Ever since Pinterest has begun sucking my life away, I have found umpteen number of projects I want to attempt and hopefully not only succeed in but maybe inspire others as well!!! The first of the projects I decided to try was the mason jar candle because I had everything except the mason jars.

So off to the thrift store I went and I hit the mason jar motherload!! The first thrift store I went to had lots of mason jars for only 35 cents a piece!! Can NOT go wrong there!!!!

So to begin, I filled one of the mason jars with bath salts (which I had already dyed with food coloring).
You could fill the jars with more if you wanted, this was just all the rest of the bath salts I had.

Then I used a cream colored yarn I found at Big Lots for $1.00. The best way I found to do this was to tie it around the lip of the jar and leave a long tail to use at the end.
Then I wrapped...and wrapped...and wrapped to my little heart's content. Once I was satisfied with how much yarn I had wrapped around the top of the jar, I slid one of my skeleton keys onto the tail I left at the beginning of the yarn...
Then I cut the yarn from the side I was wrapping with and tied the two ends together.
The last step was to trim the ends to the length I wanted and add a tea light candle on top of the bath salts.
Voila!!!! Tea light mason jar personalized candle!! Haha!!! I added it onto my shelf in my living room which contained some of my other vintage pieces and sits right below my skeleton key frame picture thing...
I will definitely be making more of these for around my house and probably make some for gifts and such as well!! This was a really easy and cheap DIY project!! Definitely a good starter project for getting geared back into crafting!!! My next projects I'm hoping will be a poem scarf, a rose ball, and a canvas with a quote on it!!! If no other time I'm hoping this coming Sunday will be another good crafting/DIYing day!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!
XOXO
Fair




No comments:

Post a Comment