Thursday, March 8, 2012

Revlon Lip Butters

So these Revlon Lip Butters have been all the rage and what not lately in the makeup world. They have basically been described as an in between of lipstick and tinted lip balm. They are supposed to give your lips a nice hint of color while moisturizing like a lip balm.  After seeing many reviews on them, I decided I "had" to have one of my very own. I ended up buying two of them from Wal-Mart for six dollars and some odd cents in change.

The reviews I saw all said the lip butters were pretty sheer and that if you were looking for a more matte looking lip color, these were NOT the way to go. They are glossy almost like a lip gloss but not as intense of a gloss.

The two that I purchased were # 070 Cherry Tart and #010 Raspberry Pie.

After hearing that the coloring was quite sheer, I tried the Raspberry Pie first and just slapped it on like a lip balm more than a lipstick...bad idea. This one is not sheer at all!! It is a much more matte color and is much more like a lipstick. After having worn this one all day, after wearing off a bit it looked like I had put on a lip stain and like my lips were just an off color instead of looking like I had applied a lip stick or lip balm for that matter. It was much more pink than I expected it to be. Not a bad color, just not the best of the lip butters.

The red one is much much better!! This one is more sheer as I had heard described and does not look funny or like I stained my lips as it wears off. For me it is perfect if I'm feeling a red lip but not a bold red lip.  It is shiny like a lip gloss but not so much so that it looks like my lips are caked in glossy, juicy, sticky yuckiness. It has the perfect amount of shine for me.


The top swatch is of the Cherry Tart and the bottom is of the Raspberry Pie. You can imagine my surprise when I put the latter on my lips expecting a nice pink tint and ended up with that color! Still a pretty color, just highly unexpected!


The lip butters out of their cases


And a close up. You can even tell once you look at them like this that the pink one is a more matte color and the red one even seems to have small gold flecks in it, which I like. It doesn't make it look glittery on the lips, just a nice hint of shimmer.

All in all, I like the lip butters. They definitely don't leave my lips feeling dried out. I don't really think they work as well as a lip balm, but they are much more moisturizing than a lip stick and a great alternative to non-lipstick wearers who want a little color!! I would most definitely repurchase the Cherry Tart, but will most likely hardly use the Raspberry Pie.


Maybe a slightly boring post, but had to get my input out there on the lip butters I had tried so far!

Hope all is well!
XOXO Fair


No comments:

Post a Comment