Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Struggles

Well, it was my first weekend on the new health kick. It went...ok. I knew the whole restaurant thing would be hard with eating healthy, so I was "prepared".

Friday night, Drew and I went out to eat at Ground Round for a mini date night. I did ok by having the two cajun chicken breast dinner. I got two sides so I got a caesar salad and mashed potatoes. The salad was the healthy part, potatoes obviously not so much. Better than fries, but it's still restaurant potatoes. We also went out on a date and so I had a couple martinis which I'm quite positive were not the most healthy either, haha! But Friday during the day I had done well. I ate healthier earlier in the day and made it to the gym for almost an hour so that helped at least a bit.
Then Saturday I hung around the house all day. I had a really bad back ache so I didn't do much. I didn't eat the most healthy, but not the worst either. Then I worked that night from 4-12:30 so I was moving around and on my feet the rest of the night. I ate 1/2 a chicken fajita roll up from the Bees and broke down and had some french fries..couldn't help myself! Haha!!
Sunday I did much better. I worked at the Bees again from 11:30-4:30. I brought my pre-packed strawberries with me for breakfast, then got a plain chicken breast and salad with just lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes for lunch. I did dip my chicken breast in wing sauce and my salad I dipped in mexi ranch, but dipping my salad in the dressing definitely helped me to not eat so much dressing! I had a couple beers that night and a cup of hot chocolate, so Sunday wasn't too horrible.
The entire weekend my water bottle was almost always with me and I drank at least one full bottle each day, sometimes two.  For me that's pretty good considering I used to almost never drink water except for during dance practice or something like that.
Since I was working Saturday and Sunday at Applebees I didn't do any other working out. I probably should have done some toning exercises, like crunches or leg lifts or something, but after working for so long, I'm just tired and simply don't want to move...so on the days I work at Applebees I'm willing to give myself a bit of a break since I'm not just sitting on my butt all day.

I've definitely learned that it's much easier for me to keep a "schedule" during the week. At my main job at CMI it's easy to bring healthy snacks (like the strawberries or yogurt or my veggie snack packs). I've been trying to eat breakfast (Usually a mini bagel with some cream cheese or a yogurt or fruit smoothie) and then have a snack around 10:30 ish (usually strawberries or some other kind of fruit) to keep me from being so hungry when lunch time rolls around.

I know I won't be able to keep myself on a real schedule for working out because I don't always have time to make it to the gym and it isn't always nice enough to go for a walk/jog outside, but I do have some workout DVDs at home and I can do something things at home as well on those days I can't make it to the gym for a big work out. So far I've been doing alright with doing some type of exercise every day, even if I am counting working at Applebees as my workout for those days. That just also helps because if I work during the week, I work at CMI from 8-5 and then have to get to Applebees right after since the shifts start at 5 but they let me come a bit late since I work my full time job til then. So working from 8 a.m. to usually about 11:30 p.m. makes for one tired Farren!!!

I did try the detox tea once and it was...weird...it didn't taste too bad but it didn't have the best after taste I guess....I dunno...I'm going to try it again tonight I think. I think it would be good for my body to have a natural detox like that so I'm going to try to do it for two weeks straight and see how I feel after that. Even if I have to make a mug of it, let it cool off and just chug it down, haha!

Other than that, no other changes. I'm trying really hard to keep using the Spark People calorie counter to just keep watch of how much I'm taking in every day. It's frustrating to use sometimes to find the correct thing, but in reality it does help to show you where most of your calories are coming from and where you could cut some calories...

Hope everyone is doing well!! Thanks again for all the support!

XOXO
Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment