Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Ink!

So...I got a new tattoo last night! I have had this idea for a tattoo for a while and wasn't going to get it until after my trip to Jamaica, but a coworker of mine at Applebees had a friend visiting him who is a tattoo artist and was only charging half the price...so I couldn't pass it up!! I saw some of his work beforehand so I knew he was a good artist! I was so excited about this tattoo and it turned out even better than I thought it would! I had originally only wanted the "Love" portion of the tattoo but decided it needed something else...and especially for me, the sparrows were a perfect add on!!! Tattoo #6 was definitely a success!! :D


Levi (tattoo artist) helped me decide on a few of the details, like making one of them a girl sparrow by adding the eyelashes and it being ok to make them teal even though my other sparrow tattoo is teal :P

 Wrapping around the left side of my wrist


Wrapping around the right side of my wrist


My tattoo with my iv bruise and all. 
A week and two days old and it's still hanging around like a champ. Haha!

Levi also pointed out to me that the sparrows work upside down too! Such a crazy random happenstance! I hadn't even meant to draw them that way but it ended up that way! Love it even more because of this!

A view of it upside down from the side, too cool!

Sparrows are known for finding a soulmate and staying with them their entire lives. They are also known for flying great distances, but always returning home. :) This is only a couple of the reasons I like sparrows so much and one of the reasons I wanted the sparrows with the "Love" portion.

Hope everyone is doing well!! Hair tutorial video and knitting 101: casting on video coming soon!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Wow girl you are so brave! Im so scared to get a tat. What a great deal. really pretty!

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hun! That is really sweet of you! I swear that getting a tattoo is not as bad as it seems! While still a bit scary and (of course) painful, if you know of something you really want and something that means a lot to you, go for it! If you decide to get one I'd love to see it! :)
    Fair

    ReplyDelete