Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas!

Christmas is almost here! I finally got my last couple of Christmas presents for people in the mail and picked up the last two I had to get last night so I am officially done!! I can't wait to get together with all my friends and family to celebrate!

For my first YouTube video I've gone back and fourth on what to do. I thought the first one I should do should maybe have something to do with why I decided to start the YouTube channel or maybe do one of the TAG question type of things just to kind of let people know a bit more about me, but I've decided that since the holidays are upon us, I'm going to do a Top Ten Holiday Favorites for my first video. I'm hopefully going to get this all filmed, edited and uploaded either tonight or tomorrow so it's up and going before Christmas gets here. With all that's going on with friends that are in town for the holidays I'm not sure if it will happen or not, but I'm sure going to try! I wish I could just film it at work since I haven't had a lot to do and have had a lot of down time at work, but of course that's not plausible, haha!

So....instead of filming what my YouTube channel will be all about, I decided to just put it on here...

I wanted to start this, as I said in my last blog, as a bit of a creative outlet for myself. I might make an attempt at some makeup tutorials (even though they might not go over so well because I'm not a makeup guru or anything :P ), some hair tutorials just on the few styles I've found that go over really well, I want to put some knitting tips that I've found on there and even do some beginners knitting videos and one video I know I want to do is a high heel collection video. If any of you know me really well, you'll know how big my adoration for heels is and how many pairs I have. ;) I'm planning on saving that one for some time after the holidays though for one major reason, I'm 95% sure my dad is making me a shelving unit for my shoes for Christmas! My dad is one of the handiest people I know and does AMAZING woodwork! He made me a huge, awesome bookshelf for my birthday this year and has asked for a few pairs of my shoes so he knows how tall the shelves need to be! I can't wait! So after that I will be looking forward to doing a high heel collection video!

A lot of the ideas for the videos I will be doing have come from other videos I've watched on YouTube. I'm going to do them myself because of how much I've enjoyed watching other people's videos. I did make a couple orders from e.l.f. recently that I will probably do a haul video on. (For anyone who doesn't know what a haul video is, you can go to YouTube and type in "haul" and a bunch of them will pop up! It's much easier to watch it than to try to explain it!)
I'm slightly torn on haul videos because it of course will come off as bragging, but it really isn't. For me, I watch haul videos for a few reasons:
-It can help to get to know a person by seeing the kinds of things they like
-It gives me an opinion on the things people buy so I might know if I would like to purchase something instead of purchasing it, not liking it and having to try to return it
-Haul videos are like shopping vicariously through someone else. If I don't really have the money to spend on shopping, it's kind of fun to watch what someone else purchased and kind of "take the edge off" from the shopping itch....yes...this does lead me to believe I might be a bit of a shopaholic ;P

So I've decided I will do a haul/review video on my e.l.f. purchases and see how that goes over. I would also love to see if I can use this YouTube channel to get myself back into dancing...I've been wanting to choreograph a dance again for a while and just kind of get back into it without having to go to a studio and pay to dance, so maybe this will get me to choreograph something to put up on my channel. :)

As of right now, these are my thoughts. I hope everyone is already having a great holiday season and I wish everyone safe travels! (Especially if you're up north! Drivers are crazy around here so be careful! ;P )

No comments:

Post a Comment