Friday, November 18, 2011

It's the Holiday Season!!!

I absolutely love the holidays!!!!! Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I can't wait for the delicious meal, family time and poker!!! Hahaha, yes, we like to play a game of poker after our Thanksgiving dinner so long as everyone hasn't passed out on the couches, chairs and floor from too much turkey! Haha!

It makes me sad that Thanksgiving tends to get looked over because people pass it by for Christmas. Don't get me wrong, Christmas is one of my absolute favorite holidays....but it has it's time and place, just as Thanksgiving should. There are far too many people and stores with their Christmas decorations out on display. I understand that around good ol' ND the weather gets pretty crappy around this time of year so some people want to get their outside decorations hung up before it is below 0 outside....but at least wait until the Friday after Thanksgiving!!! Get up at 2 A.M. do your crazy Black Friday shopping, and come back and have a family day of decorating and hot cocoa!!!!! That is my plan anyway! It makes me sad for Thanksgiving that not enough people appreciate it for what it is. I'm hoping to make an attempt at making a pumpkin pie from scratch again this year. I did about 3 years ago and it worked...but not as well as I had hoped, so this year will be the next test!!!

I am of course overly excited for Christmas this year as well!! This afternoon I'm going to be heading out to get about 75% of my Christmas shopping accomplished!!! I'm glad that for once I will have my shopping done early instead of doing it all a week before Christmas. The Christmas tree just looks so much prettier and more fun with all the presents underneath it. :)

I hope everyone has an amazing and safe Thanksgiving!!! I know the roads up here have already gotten pretty bad and I've seen pictures of some pretty bad accidents so drive safe people!!!!! If you are in ND and have never driven through the ice and snow before....SLOW DOWN!!!!!! Ice + snow + roads = bad driving conditions!!! You will slide all over the road and get into an accident if you don't take precautions!!! So be careful!!!!

Hope everyone is well and loved!!!!
XOXO
Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment